Fundraising Project Manager
Closing Date: 18 September 2016
Post: Fundraising Project Manager (FPM)
Salary: £ NEG based on experience plus rewardingly target based incentive
Location: London, SE18 (some travel required London and Nationally)
Type: 12 Months Contract (extendable based on funding)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Greenwich Islamic Centre (GIC) is the largest and most diverse mosque in the South East of London. The centre is embarking on a project to complete the existing expansion of the Mosque under Phase 1 at a cost of £2 million, future phases are also in place with planning permission totalling a cost of over £10 million. Phase 1 work has recommenced under a new long term mosque management and it is anticipated that the new phase 1 building will be fully operational mid to late 2017 upon successful fundraising and will accommodate over 1,000 worshippers, offering numerous community services.
A project board has been formed that encompasses three senior GIC executive trustees supported by two community fundraising leads and external senior management professionals who come with a wealth of experience in a multitude of fields having worked on several community and corporate projects including a £6 million project. The Fundraising Project Manager shall report to the project board and take strategic guidance from them.
This post will be directly responsible for raising income through corporate, major donors, new business, regular giving, community awareness, events, legacy and digital fundraising. Additionally enhance GIC’s current branding and marketing working in conjunction with GIC preferred outsourcing third parties.
– Create the Phase 1 brochure digital and print in-conjunction with the external agency
– Review current fundraising strategies and streams. Initiate new ones where required and Implement all of these for income generation
– Structure current volunteer base and recruit skills gap
– Enhance the branding and awareness of GIC through digital and social media
Key Responsibilities will include:
– Devise and implement a strategy to increase one-off and regular gifts from individuals, including major gifts
– Build a major donor network
– Review and enhance digital fundraising streams
– Liaise with the project board and GIC architect to ascertain new appeals based on the scope of work agreed with phase 1
– To engage, brief and prepare key volunteers where appropriate
– Responsibility for coaching, supporting and mentoring volunteers on delegated fundraising projects
– Produce regular fundraising activity reports for the Project Board
– Work on the GIC Donor wall and donor recognition
– Responsible for devising, initiating and managing fundraising events and where appropriate manage external partners with large events agreed by the project board
– Applying for suitable grants
NB: You may be required to undertake additional duties not listed here but considered to be in accordance with the overall aim and objectives of the post.
In order to apply you should have the following skills and experience:
– A minimum of three to five years fundraising experience, ideally educated to degree level
– Experience of managing and delivering income generation
– Proven track record in generating income against targets
– Proven ability to devise and develop successful fundraising strategy
– Excellent sales and networking skills
– Budget & target planning
– Excellent writing and communication skills
– Digital Media savvy: website and social media
– Project management and events management experience
– Proactive and able to work autonomously and as a team player
– Excellent IT skills especially with MS Products and ideally experience of working with team collaborative tools such as basecamp
– Confident to deliver updates to the community in large public spaces
The post holder must be in full sympathy with the Muslim values and principles on which the organisation is based.
Please send your LinkedIn profile link, CV and a cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com by 18th September 2016. Due to the anticipated volume of applicants only short listed candidates will be informed of the Interview stage.